View Single Post
Old 20 Apr 2004, 10:59 (Ref:945276)   #9
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes I was there Paul, got soaked in the rain before the F3 race! If you remember, Tiff was second in the Unipart March.
Other things I remember about that day, being 'gofer' at Royale, was our Kenny Acheson car being protested after practice - again by Van Diemen - and later found to be legal, as the works ex-Van Rooyen Minister engines always were. I remember Pat Symonds the designer and me having to push the car to the scrute bay for engine sealing, then having to rush off to find Kenny and mechanic Paul Thompson to tell them. They were not happy and even less so after the race as David McClelland had Kenny off at the hairpin on the last lap!
It was a very quiet drive home in the truck with I recall the world cup final football commentary on the radio - Holland vs West Germany. Not being the greatest football fan I can't remember who won that, but Kenny did manage to win three FF titles in '78!