View Single Post
Old 7 Apr 2006, 08:18 (Ref:1572884)   #33
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Mr Carvell, welcome to the thread and Ten Tenths in general - is this your 'debut' on here?

Thank you for your input on what has become a bit of a holy grail of Rover investigations: 'We must find the truth'!

Now we know the origins of your '87 BTCC car and what happened to it after that.

I was quite young when you were out in that car, and thought that considering you'd jumped from a Metro to that (surely a difference of 200 plus bhp?) you did pretty well. The car was nicely turned out.

Have you any particular memories from the season, I.E battles, stories for us?

There are a lot of Benelux based members so I'm sure that somebody will find this thread and offer some more detail as to what happened to the car after the Zolder shunt you mentioned, and then hopefully we can trace it, if indeed it is still in existence.

Do you happen to know the chassis number of that car by any chance?

It would be nice to start to verify of the 20 or so TWR chassis we've identified which one yours was (obviously an earlier one as it was originally a '84 Sanyo BTCC/Mobil Bathurst car.)

Indeed the 20 or so is so far a bit of an educated guess, but by no means definite.