View Single Post
Old 13 Apr 2006, 09:16 (Ref:1580192)   #38
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Although we still don't have any definite answers on chassis numbers I think we can start to trace things a bit better if there's some kind of list to look at.

So if we take 1981 and '82 for example and list the cars that ran, it might make something twig in someone's mind.

2x CC Prepared, Gordon Spice Racing/shell (Gordy & Phil Martin Dye)

2x CC Prep Equipe Esso (Vince Woodman & occasionally J Buncombe)

2x Broadspeed/ARE/Mirror Juicy Jeans (Rouse & C Sawyer-Hoare)

1x All Car Equipe (Nick Whiting). This was possibly the ex Jeff Allam BP car?

1x Colin Vandervell (occassionally)

Anyone got any ideas on the other 2 or 3 that appeared on occasions?

2x Spice (Gordy & Rouse) one of them went to Brian Chatfield and is now owned by David Thomas his blue white flared arches car i believe)

2 x Esso (Vince & John B), Brian Chatfield also bought Vince's car ( chassis number CC20 I believe) and is is now privately owned having been restored by Ric Wood in 2002.

1x CS-H (one of the Rouse built cars from previous year)

1x Graham Goode, run by himself (don't know if it was bought or self built?)

Certainly the total number of Capri's that ran in '82 was approximately half of the number that were entered but not necessarily raced in '81, circa 11).

For the first year of Group A in 1983, Brian Chatfield had the 2 cars he bought, Graham Goode prep'd his to Group A spec and Mike Newman also entered one which may have been the other Esso car, which he continued to run into 1984.

Anyone expand on these notes further?