View Single Post
Old 18 Mar 2018, 11:02 (Ref:3808839)   #37
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surprised nobody has mentioned having to be ferried in by minibus, that or walk 2 miles from the car park as some did probably unaware of the distance. Same going back, queues weren't long but not many there, they have to sort that out.

Have to contradict some of what others have said, spectating from the stand was good, in front of the stand ok, everywhere else i went to unless your against the fence, you will see bugger all. Even the stand, fine nearly empty but full will feel very cramped.

Agree that they seemed little prepared for this event, no spectator signage that i saw, no programmes seemed to be available, new people to rallycross seemed to have little idea about what was going on. On track one truck with forks on to remove cars that would then take an age to get the stranded car back to the paddock with drivers forced to walk back!

The track was tight but didn't mind that so much, but the joker section was too tight, needs opening up a bit. The thing is though that circuit could have been built anywhere, and in a better location would have spectator banks all round. In all honesty it all look very temporary and well a bit like Pembrey with random piles of tyres at the side and no kerbing that i saw. This place gets a world round due to name and money, nothing else. Had no intention of doing the world round due to the horrendous prices but this confirms it, Spain a far better and cheaper option.