Thread: Engine checks
View Single Post
Old 27 Nov 2009, 21:13 (Ref:2590405)   #15
Deemun
Racer

Deemun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyc View Post
Not sure I believe the bit about the engine not been used during the season for the national championship. From what I here and seen had alot of trouble with missed gears during testing which leads to engine changes. I think it is good karma he got caught cheating. Both him and team deserve it for stealing national championship from Rory Butcher. I was at race that weekend and it was crazy the decision made by motorsport Ireland. Scott had Rory pushed tight to grass and interlocked wheels with only two choices brake and let scott drive over his front wheel or hold station and take corner. Scott had all the room and new he had no chance to pass on outside as it always ends in contact at that corner. Have watched racing for years and it is always the same at the second corner in mondello and Scott knew this as he had raced here before. Also would like to point out that mechanical failure cost scott the championship he failed to finish race when car broke down.

Funny that your post as a very similar theme to one posted earlier and now removed by the moderator from another rookie who only posted for the first time today!

I have known Scott Malvern for the whole of his motorsport career; more than 10 years and the one thing he most definitely is not is a CHEAT! Neither for that matter is Cliff Dempsey Racing. This is a mistake, an oversight even perhaps a minor negligence brought about by circumstances but the one thing it most certainly is not is deliberate cheating. Scott rented the car from the team so he put his faith in them. Similarly the team put their faith in the engine and carb supplier which was because this was a replacement carb was from a different supplier to the engine. This is just a most unfortunate set of circumstances but nothing more than that!

If Scott was a well healed young driver like many (but not all) of his peers he wouldn't have been put in this compromising position as he would have been able to use the same car that he had used all season. But he struggled to find the money and it was a very last minute arrangement.Cliff Dempsey to his credit worked very hard to give him the very best car he could such is his regard for Scott.

Scott is a very talented and, those who know him will agree also a very likeable young man. Unfortunately what he also is, is someone who continuously struggles for funding and has done throughout his career but he and his family through sheer hard work and dedication and sacrifice manage to go racing and I'm very glad that he does.

He definitely does not deserve to be ostracised over this and he has already been punished enough for an event he had no control or influence over.

Last edited by Asp; 28 Nov 2009 at 12:03.