View Single Post
Old 4 Oct 2021, 13:27 (Ref:4076930)   #2
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
We have been talking for decades on how to chance racecar regulations to improve the show.

Most people talk about making wings smaller or remove them, or reduce the wheel size.

However, I have a new theory: increase ride height.

Ride height has become smaller and smaller over the years, to increase underbody downforce. To make it work, suspension must be ridiculously hard.

The result is that cars barely roll. And this makes cars look like they aren't cornering fast.

This looks fast:

This doesn't:

So just mandate 10 cm of ride height, and problem solved!
Interesting thought. When the NGTC regs were first used in BTCC, the following was typical of many observers' comments at the time:

Quote:
For me, as a spectacle, I think the NGTC cars are "ok". They just don't seem to have the poise or precision of the old supertourers or even the S2000 cars. They just seem "wallowy" and very "soft", like a blancmange on wheels, they have so much body-roll.