View Single Post
Old 15 Nov 2017, 14:18 (Ref:3780562)   #5251
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As I see it, this is 100% McLaren lobbying for this. I mean sure the others would go along with it too as Toyota here proves, but the Zak Brown department seems to be the real driving force. For the past 5-7? years they've been touting it to be the REQUIREMENT for Le Mans return in the top class, as in the only solution. And now that they are publicly saying they would love to be back, and there aren't anyone campaigning against it, now ACO suddenly is considering the change out of blue. Just like the EVO was considered 10 years ago when General Motors wanted it for Corvette. The difference then was that Audi and Pug and others weren't really in favor of it and the whole thing collapsed to pieces, while now you only really have Toyota left and they'd be perfectly willing to go for it if it meant others joined.

I have nothing against GT1 styled prototypes again, HOWEVER it would be absolute garbage if it'd implement balance of performance nonsense in it.

Furthermore you'd once again split LMP1 into two, as surely privateers would still carry on with conventional prototype design... I guess you could rename the factory-intended class as LMGTP and keep LMP1 as it is, but ehh