View Single Post
Old 15 Nov 2016, 12:42 (Ref:3688237)   #43
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Larsson has been achieving miracles, the team have a clever car and must be spending a fortune to compete at the same level.

Things will carry on for a time until ERC teams realise they are being fleeced, surely before long the few rounds they get will not be seen as enough and they will want 10 rounds or 12.

Right now they are nothing but a side show to make the entry look good, and surely, that eventually has to grate on sponsors, and teams.

They get a bit of coverage, but mainly on social media. Maybe that's enough, I don't know. If so it shows a total lack of ambition.

All you can hope is that someone can tempt them back into an ERC type series away from IMG, but I imagine that is going to contractually impossible and very very costly to the person trying it.

I hate to say I told you so, but the days of private driver and teams are long gone, the mainstay of rallycross for the last 40 years has been driven away by greed.

Progress some will say.