Thread: FIA GT GT4 - The future...?
View Single Post
Old 9 Feb 2017, 14:26 (Ref:3711225)   #400
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accident View Post
The Challenger is hardly a good platform for building a GT racer from I think. It's quite old really, and quite heavy. If I remember correctly, when Blackforest tried to run the car in GS they really struggled to get weight out of the car and, if I'm thinking of the right car, had to also have a special aluminum block based engine built for it for it as apparently the 3rd gen Hemi wasn't a good basis for building a reliable road racing motor.

I also think that Chrysler themselves would have no interest in it either, as they don't seem at all interested in trying to make it an even halfway decent "sporty car". While Chevy and Ford actually have track packages and work on chassis development and such, Dodge just throws a supercharger on it and gives it an extreme sounding name to give it "badass points" and totally ignore all other aspects of performance.

Next Challenger isn't even supposed to be unveiled until 2020 or something like that, so I don't see anything happening with it any time soon.

I'd love to be wrong though, that rivalry would be great for North American racing I think, and if promoted correctly could help put eyes on the series.

Totally agree with the sensibilities of your points

If it was feasible it'd be great, but your more than likely right about it being too heavy. Driven one for a few weeks and they are tanks.

But hey, the Viper would be a nice GT4, but that's probably not going to happen either

Chrysler if you're listening, get on board!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk