View Single Post
Old 18 Jun 2017, 20:00 (Ref:3744958)   #171
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
TransAm suspends Tomy Drissi again (bottom of story):
Quote:
Due to Tomy Drissi’s actions in Trans Am Series presented by Pirelli competition at Indianapolis Motor Speedway on July 17, 2017 (sic), the Trans Am Series, by ruling of Chief Steward Wally Dallenbach, Jr., has excluded Tomy Drissi from the day’s competition and all remaining Trans Am Series competition for 2017. “After today’s race, Tomy Drissi got into an altercation with another team which became physical,” stated Dallenbach.

“Tomy had been suspended from the series before I got here on some other issues. He asked if he could come back to the series and did mend fences with a lot of people, but I was pretty clear with him at the first event that even though he was not under probation but he was under a high level of observation. Basically, he was under probation with me and needed to keep his nose clean. There was a situation at Road Atlanta with a corner worker that could have been a lot worse than it was, and today Tomy had a physical altercation.”

“You can talk trash and smack to each other as much as you want, but as soon as you lay a hand on somebody else, that becomes a completely different issue. Due to Tomy’s actions he has been suspended for the event and suspended for the remainder of the 2017 series.”