View Single Post
Old 27 Mar 2018, 07:21 (Ref:3811160)   #252
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
^^^^ +1 .......you took the words right out of my mouth.......I'm getting the wrong vibe from Gibson about this engine.....like you say if they are using the same cylinder head, it therefore cannot be direct fuel injection, therefore they cannot gain a 5% fuel efficiency advantage, which can stretch the fuel stops to another lap at LeMans.......lightweight - who cares......its a V8 and light enough already........low-cost - again who cares, the teams running are wealthy enough to afford a direct injection system.........timescale - it was conceived far too late, and to me has elements of a rush-job about it........I still feel this engine will get trounced by the NISMO-Cosworth-V6, the Mechachrome V6 and the AER turbo engines in terms of outright pace and performance.........the Gibson engine will have a serious torque deficit to these engines and it will show on track........but yes, perhaps it will be more reliable and go the distance, time will tell I guess.