View Single Post
Old 12 Jun 2005, 15:45 (Ref:1326394)   #9
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gridmodels
I get hundreds of applications from girls wanting to be grid-girls so there are obviously many women who do agree with their necessity! So yes, maybe motorsport is of interest to these glamorous girls!!
'Of interest'? Don't make me laugh.

I remember a classic moment at Knockhill BTCC a few years ago. Al Hyde went down the grid asking each their name and which driver they represented. Despite holding a board with the driver's name on and being stood in front of the car many didn't know or couldn't pronounce the name. Most are their not through any love of motorsport but simple because it pays the bills.

I've never fully understood the whole grid girl thing. As a spectator sat at say Donington Old Hairpin I can't even see the grid so how does having a few lycra clad bimbos do anything to improve my day out. You mention the BTCC for example. They've got enough problems at the moment and I can think of far better things the budget could be spent on.