Thread: New SRO GT2
View Single Post
Old 2 Aug 2018, 12:42 (Ref:3840843)   #42
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg View Post
Why are the Aston Martin Vulcan and Porsche 911 GT2 RS targeted? Why would those manufactures build these cars to GT2-regulations? Which is supposed to be slower than GT3, where those manufactures use cars which are a step (s)lower compared to the targeted GT2 cars.
Well Porsche has already stated the GT2 RS is an interesting car for the GT2 class so that's straight from the horse's mouth so to speak. And it seems like GT2 is about power, power and a little more power. Thus the GT2 RS is a perfect fit for the class over the NA GT3 engine. The Vulcan seems out of place because it is more of an old-school (non-hybrid) hypercar than the rest. Outside of the GT2 RS and a Superleggera Lamborghini (I had forgotten the DBS Superleggera, thanks bcarr for that reminder), I'm not sure what else out there matches the class on the street. Do they think Ferrari is going to build up the new F12 into a racer? Corvette I think uses, or used, the ZR-1 as the GTE car model so making an additional car with the same moniker but now slower? And unless GT2 is guaranteed a spot in WC there's no way P&M are building one. Audi, MB, BMW, Nissan, Bentley are already using their halo car in GT3 (and a couple in GT4) so they're expected to build another car? Although I understand the desire to get the R8 and AMG out of GT4 to GT2, they are not like the rest of the field. And honestly a big(ger) power AMG coupe?? It's a baby Vette with that rumble, of course occasionally AMG seems to have stood for A(merican cars) M(ade by) G(ermans) with their more power than chassis 63 series cars.