View Single Post
Old 2 Oct 2019, 21:37 (Ref:3931594)   #707
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's what I figured, it seems like the old PC vs GTLM, or GTLm vs GTD at Daytona problem in IMSA. The lap times may be different but the same problems rear their ugly heads, top speed vs cornering. Fun with all pro drivers in the same class. Not so much when it's 2 different classes and 2 different ideas.

I could see them merged for top tier club races but I think they need to be split for sprint and pro series. I do wonder about the 24 hour events and what they may do with GT2 cars. Could be interesting to follow and see, especially as more come out. But also if an owner could get the support to run what appears to be a sprint minded car in an enduro.