Thread: 24H Series
View Single Post
Old 23 Jan 2020, 20:19 (Ref:3952999)   #98
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Pictures from a mad race: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmKVZ8dT

Aside from a damp warm-up, these pictures are largely of a dry race, taken between the start at 3pm and around 9pm when I went to sleep in the car (I was pretty tired after an overnight flight Thu/Fri).

That meant I missed the biblical downpour, or at least I missed the cars splashing around the track in it. My car was still rocked by the wind and the din of the rain was quite something.

When I went back to the grandstand at about 6am it was immediately obvious there was not going to be any racing. The pitlane was ankle deep. There were great brown puddles on the last turn and I could see that the lower part of the track away on the other side from the grandstand was totally under water. The last few pictures in the album are of that rather forlorn site.

Quite the adventure!