View Single Post
Old 20 Aug 2016, 17:51 (Ref:3666749)   #1
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Danica Patrick to Sportscar Team Ownership ?

I have a relative that works at Bristol Motor Speedway during major events

I have NO reason to doubt him But as far as I know NOTHING is confirmed

He was able to get 2 minutes of her time and asked what her plans were after her Cup driving days were over ?

Somewhat Para=Phrasing here as I was not there " In all her racing history from Karts to Present in Various series she always enjoyed Road Racing . She mentioned her and her Advisors are Discussing IMSA GT 3 team ownership . She did not mention who her advisers were

Asked if she would be competing her answer was " At this time we are only discussing Potential Ownership of a team . But if it all worked out she might consider a part time drive in the big 4 endurance races .

I know nothing about her financial position by that I assume some how that she has ruled out DPI , P-2 , and GTLM Just a guess on my part .

I am guessing here that YES she has name recognition ! Driver results not so much . But I would further assume her or her advisors must feel that getting sponsorship to go first class in GT3 would not be a problem

Should this all come to Fruition I am guessing the Powers that be in Daytona Beach would allow her to bow over and kiss their ring

Somewhat surprised at her choice of class but I am guessing she may be looking at the Cheapest class with maximum return on investment if even such a thing exists . I highly doubt that is even possible

Lastly comparing Percieved budgets to perform I would think that GTLM would be almost double the seasonal costs of GTD / GT 3 Am I close on that ?