View Single Post
Old 8 Jun 2003, 10:53 (Ref:624398)   #5
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Little Al takes the win!

Al Unser jr. won last night's Bombardier 500! Tony Kannan and Tora Takagi rounded off the podium. I think Al did a great job last night, he is certainly overdue for a win.

Although, I think Tomas Schekter would be my "driver of the race". He got the pole, and he did everything right and then it all fell apart through no fault of his own, with his crew messing up the stop and then his car failing with what looked like suspension failure.

Tora Takagi also ran a very strong race, was very impressed with him. Was slightly less impressed of course when he took out Scott Sharp and his own team mate, Giaffone. I wouldn't put all the blame on him though, he just saw a chance to get past them but when he pulled alongside that gap he saw was gone and that was the end of Sharp and Giaffone. It's espsially a shame for Sharp, he was also looking very strong. The Kelly Racing team looked like the team to beat in Texas.

What happened to Penske? They dominated the Indy 500 and they were just nowhere today.

Tony Kannan drove very well also. He finished 2nd, and increased his lead in the championship. He's been running very strong in most of the races so far...could it be his year....?

And one last note - what a race!!! Great side by side action that the Indycar Series can do better than no one else.

So it's on to Pikes Peak next week, but in the meantime - This ones for you, Little Al

Last edited by Down F0rce; 8 Jun 2003 at 11:18.