Thread: NZTC 2015/2016
View Single Post
Old 22 Oct 2015, 20:25 (Ref:3584811)   #173
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by socram View Post
Off topic indeed Mark, but for 20 years I have been very busy as Convenor with not one but two race groups. (There were too many cars for one, so we had to split! The irony of that should appeal to some...)

For the last 10 years, totally on my own, with no committee.

For the last 7 years, we have had over 100 registered, paid up drivers, (and 9 out of the last 11 seasons) so I think I have already done my bit as I am standing down at the end of this season and not looking for a replacement series thanks.

As you well know, Series as opposed to clubs, don't get a vote at MSNZ conferences anyway.

Although we worked very closely with the late Ian Snellgrove (MSNZ), setting up a template for structured series rules/articles, we turned down actually being a Sanctioned Series for very sound reasons. We remain to this day, an invitation series for similar reasons, as it also allows us full control of entrants and running the series, maintaining series discipline and eligibility.

Allcomers NOT part of a series was what I was suggesting, as this allows organisers/promoters to add a varied local content grid at each venue to add a bit of variety. Whether that is a single seater, saloon or sports GT grid would be up to them.
MODERATOR PLEASE SHIFT TO NEW SOGS THREAD:

Ray,

With no disrespect, It seems that you are not aware of what has happened in the last 6 months. The all new Series Organising Group SOG, is now responsible for the Premier Series Summer motor racing calendar, which this year consists of 9 major events including the closed shop Australian Supercar Pukekohe round, and the Manfield NZ Grand Prix meeting.

It is now SOG's that make's the collective decision's as to what categories race over the Premier Motor racing Season, not MSNZ, other than the V8 Super car meeting.

I am not suggesting that you yourself organise the "classless" all-comers but if no one is prepared to do that then obviously they have no voice at SOG's and I for one would support them joining SOG's if they can get themselves organised.