View Single Post
Old 6 Jan 2021, 11:49 (Ref:4027137)   #2425
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
To be clear, my point was, that being out of the EU we were able to a) fund our own vaccine procurement; and b) roll them out before the EU has even approved them. Had we still been in the EU we would be in the same position as France, Germany etc. Look at the figures. So, no not a race but a fact and nothing to do with the NHS.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...fizer-BioNTech

Apologies for the use of the Express but it is one source of many.

And I believe, and you can find sources that confirm this, that the UK had previously decided to opt out of centralised purchasing of medicines/vaccines as a matter of political thinking prior to Brexit, as well as they had already legalised the change to how medications/vaccines are to be regulated, again prior to Brexit.

But I do agree that in this instance, it would appear that the UK's government has actually pulled their fingers out, and have appeared to have done a pretty good job so far on the vaccine front.