View Single Post
Old 3 Aug 2013, 18:02 (Ref:3285428)   #22
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Somewhere in the world...
Dario911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now by now, I think these are just rumors. It's not the first time it happens. First of all Autosprint, wich is the main italian motorsport magazine (very, very well introduced in Ferrari) has never talked about this. No rumors, no news about Ferrari P1 project.
Then, we have to consider Maranello has always played about Le Mans interest when things were not going right in Formula 1. They shown interest in Le Mans every time they need a change or rules in Formula 1, as it happened few years ago. As it was with Indy, too.
Do you remember?
Then I don't think Ferrari may be interested in Le Mans in a bad situation like the one they're living in Formula 1. First to be involved in P1 program, I think they must recover the gap from Red Bull, Lotus and co. They must come on top in their main field, before to come back in Endurance.
Otherwise, it would sound as an escape for Ferrari and not as a new challenge for italian manufacturer.
"For over 60 years, Formula One has been a part of Ferrari's DNA and our commitment to the sport will continue so long as it remains a relevant platform that can guarantee the highest level of technology, research and development for our road cars, while providing a fair and genuine sporting contest."
These words reported in TG article, were by Luca Cordero di Montezemolo, interviewed from Auto magazine.
Auto magazine is one of the main italian car magazine, and is the owner of Autosprint magazine...
If someone had talked about P1 project, I bet they would have reported the news on Autosprint..............
I think these are just summer talks.
Le Mans, 23/06/2013, 15:00, Allan we miss you!
Porsche 1°-2° in GTE-Pro class with 991 GT3 RSR
Porsche 1st. place in GTE-Am class with 997 GT3 RSR