View Single Post
Old 29 Feb 2024, 10:52 (Ref:4198870)   #12
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS1 View Post
I actually see the shortened calendar as a positive.......... Seems pretty evident to me the next two years are going to be transitional years and it will go back to a European Championship probably dovetailing with Rallyx Nordic
I think it's certainly a sign that the World Championship isn't really viable as a stand alone entity. With no local championships anywhere outside Europe it really doesn't make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS1 View Post
There are enough cars that have filtered down to have a good championship again we've just got to be patient and let the electric thing pass
There do seem to be plenty of cars about - and of course this season they're running ICE alongside the electric cars in the World Championship so more new ICE cars are a possibility. Maybe the electric cars will just be quietly phased out and never mentioned again.