View Single Post
Old 17 Jan 2022, 11:54 (Ref:4094122)   #22
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Looking forward to seeing the event from a different angle - although I suspect I'll be a lot colder than usual!
Well I was right about that! Glad to be able to wander into the service area and get a cup of tea from Tim's service van

Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Crikey that was understatement of mine! this event has taken a real turn over the last few years in terms of standards of entry, talk about chalk and cheese. Convincing win from Frank Bird in the Fiesta Rally2 but great to see such a wide variety of machinery giving it some beans.
The amount of Rally 2 (or R5 whatever your preference) cars was certainly impressive (although it always seems to be a bit of a sledgehammer to crack a nut using those on a single venue event!). Has to be said the best looking is the Skoda - Fabias always seem to make good looking rally cars. A bit further down the entry there was a lot of variety - favourites being the Puma, Chevettes, Clio and 106 maxis. Also worth a mention was one of the BMWs that was thrown sideways at every opportunity - sometimes with the co-driver giving the thumbs up out of the window There seemed to be a lot less Imprezas than previous events, are we now seeing the demise of Imprezas on club events?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
A few shots from Brands Hatch Winter Stages - lots more to work through.
https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzyRvg
Nice I need to go through mine to see what I've got. I must have been stood pretty much next to you at one point at Druids - the Micra missing its bonnet came past when I was there.