View Single Post
Old 17 Jan 2022, 17:10 (Ref:4094158)   #109
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte is going for a new world record!Mike Harte is going for a new world record!Mike Harte is going for a new world record!Mike Harte is going for a new world record!Mike Harte is going for a new world record!Mike Harte is going for a new world record!Mike Harte is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
Seems to me that China is a dangerous country to be dealing with. They have edged their way into so many different things around the world they are close to domination. Look at Ebay and Amazon, nothing but Chinese products, but one thing that baffles is the vat loophole the Chinese have by sending their crap to Holland first vat free, yes the British"government"know about it but do nothing. Close that loophole and see what happens.

Terence, I am intrigued by your comment about Chinese goods and the Netherlands because as far as I am aware no non-EU countries supply goods with VAT added. However, once landed and the goods leave the port of entry, the Netherlands' authorities levy their own VAT.

I would imagine the same applies in Germany; goods arrive from outside the EU VAT free, but the importer has to pay German VAT in order for the goods to be released from the port of entry.