View Single Post
Old 30 Mar 2003, 01:18 (Ref:552567)   #9
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes corkholio was joking about Alex Yoong. Im interested in 2004, but it's 2005 when other engine manufactures are expected to join CART. Also CART will most likley go from the V8 Turbo to the NA V10 in 2005. I like the V8 Turbo, but CART may have no choice, because other engine manufactures are pushing for the NA V10. I don't feel sorry for Franchitti, Dixon or Kaanan...but I would welcome them back to CART. As for DeFerran and Castro-Neves...they left a year earlier with Roger Penske. If they wanted to, they could have found rides with other CART teams, so at this moment Im not sure I would welcome those two back. Why would I welcome back Franchitti, Dixon and Kaanan? Because at the end of (CART'S) 2002 season, it looked like CART would close it's doors for good or at least in the near future. It could still happen (pray that it doesn't), I think that Franchitti and Dixon were pressured by their managers, little Chippi Ganassi and little Mikey Andretti. Some people in this forum believe that Franchitti and Dixon should have had the balls like Paul Tracy and stayed in CART. Paul Tracy was great for taking that stand and telling the IRL to shove it. From Franchitti's and Dixon's point of view...if they turned down the IRL and let's say CART folds with in a few years, then what? Then when they go knocking on Tony George's door, they would most likley get it shut in their face. Now Dixon may have a slight chance of going to F1 in the future if he's lucky, as for Franchitti...that train has already left the station. As for Brands Hatch, Im glad it's on the CART calander, but I won't be happy until they use the full course.