View Single Post
Old 11 Mar 2021, 01:03 (Ref:4039741)   #1
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ten Tenths - The Phoenix

A little bit more about what's going on.

Around 00:20 Wednesday 11th I started getting notifications from our monitoring provider that the site and the server it's hosted on were unavailable.

This sometimes happens and sometimes it's a false alarm. However, over the next few minutes a lot more alerts came in for other services.

As some parts were still responsive I logged a support ticket to have the servers restarted and went back to bed, assuming things would be restarted and return to normal.

Wednesday morning when I woke up I had a message from a friend in IT who pointed out that OVH, our hosting supplier, had had a major incident and asking if the datacenter that had been destroyed was the one we used.

Unfortunately, yes, yes it is.

The software and database for Tenths is backed up every night and those backups are stored off-site.

So we've had to restore from the previous nights backup, so there will, unfortunately be some posts lost.

You can find further information on what happened here: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-f...-idUSKBN2B20NU

Tenths is currently running on a less powerful server located in the US, so performance may be a little bit slower than usual.

If you have any problems then please create a thread in the Forum Support section.