Thread: WTCR 2022
View Single Post
Old 29 Nov 2021, 16:54 (Ref:4085908)   #9
Csaba
Racer

Hungary
Csaba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speaking of the possible driver line-ups, probably its too early for concrete ideas.

Azcona
There were many rumours of Hyundai or Lynk trying to lure Azcona. And the Koreans have now the seat with the retirement of Tarquini.

Zengo/Cupra
Speaking of the Zengo-Cupra relationship, the problem always is that they don't have the budget for pre-season testing and the first few rounds are just real time testing. Huff had a season full of bad luck, plus a few sources tell that the 50-60% of Zengo's budget was spent on his salary (with Cupra paying for the Spanish drivers)... On on long term, I don't really think it is worth it. Gené also had a poor season. And other sources tell that Boldizs run with used parts of the "main drivers" so the 4 car project for Zeng? is probably too much on a longer basis.

Lynk&CO
I'm pretty sure Lynk will come back, but with or without Muller driving is a different question.

Honda
Girolami said before the final round, that he is negotiating with Honda over a 2022 drive in the series.

Other news:
I don't really have any sources about Audi, but the car was fine by the end of the year, so for Comtoyou a return would be a logical step, but the driver line-up depends on the Audi funding.
Target said that they plan a return with new drivers, but without any Hyundai backing they will again be complete outsiders.