View Single Post
Old 14 Jan 2021, 09:58 (Ref:4028930)   #168
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I’m finding it genuinely baffling - and a little amusing - at just how cross some of us are getting about the Toyota not looking like we want it to look.
i dont think its just that, i think its just confusing to the average person looking in at why the ACO would create a new class, that is the same speed as an LMP2, costs more than an LMP2, and you then have to slow LMP2 down to keep LMH faster....

....surely the simpler answer would have been using the LMP2 rules for LMH, opening them up to manufactuers so they can have different chassis and engine types....

...i dont know, im sure theres a reason they didnt do that but it would have been the simple route to get the same lap time, surely?

The cynic in me says the ACO didnt do this because A) IMSA got their first with DPI B) Maybe its not what toyota/ Aston wanted....but it appears other manufacturers see the sense in it.