View Single Post
Old 18 Jun 2009, 12:06 (Ref:2485866)   #27
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be great to have an opportunity to race at such an event - I'll never have car elible for an FIA type event & even Production S1 of Britcar is probably beyond me so something aimed at a lower level of clubman would be great. I agree with Peter, something along the lines of the CSCC Swinging Sixties, Tin Tops & Future Classics regs (perhaps with a suitable date cut off - 1990?) would cover a host of cars without flooding the entry with bewinged monsters!!!.

I would be in favour of Anglesey because its is one of my favourite circuits in the UK now and is probably cheaper to hire than most others. The circuit seems to have sometimes struggled for entries at some meetings but perhaps people would be persuaded to attend a 6 hour race. The downside of anglesy is that there's no pit garages. It does host 6 hour rounds of the "FunCup" so must be used to the endurance race requirements, though.

Some practical questions, though. What happens about refuelling, ie would cars need dry break refuelling systems & "bag tanks" (might be difficult/ expensive to fit to the sort of cars i think we are envisaging attending). Similarly, what about tyre changes or do we expect tyres to last the race??