Thread: Joest LMP1 2017
View Single Post
Old 16 Nov 2016, 13:02 (Ref:3688504)   #6
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I hope something happens, we need more LMP1s now
This is the overall point, and I'm sure the ACO will be quite involved in making it happen, I'm guessing if they can scrape together a 10-20million dollar budget, from someone like an oil or a watch company, they could make it happen, perhaps some of the redundant Audi LMP1 sponsors like Mahle, Shell, Castrol, ORIS, then they can put something together.....it sounds possible

Also in the article, it appears that Audis Juttner is doing a lot of the talking, so I'm guessing its no skin off Audis nose to just give the unwanted 2017 chassis to Joest, also consider there may be a contract in place for Audi & Joest for the next few years that still needs to be honored, therefore its probably within Audis cost interests to just help Joest from behind the scenes, or otherwise face a lawsuit from Joest for breach of contcact.......perhaps

its currently mid November and they have until mid April at Silverstone to put a deal together, so they have 6 months, its tight for sure, but quite doable on the basis that the 2017 Audi is already manufactured, all they have to do is adapt an engine, possibly a gear-box too, and sort out the 60L fuel tank, as it needs to be about 20L bigger for gasoline......the fueltank size itself may be the deal breaker, but I'm sure the ACO could help there, just to get them on the grid.