View Single Post
Old 10 May 2017, 18:42 (Ref:3732707)   #34
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Generally up to the TV company. Channel 4 do billboard adverts throughout the year.
interesting...with BBC gone and not all the races live in the UK anymore i would think there is a shortfall in UK advertising as a result...and thats the fault of FOM.

so as i have said earlier, i think this is a shortfall that FOM should fill and not the venue itself...but that said, Silverstone has a lot of other events and piggybacking promotion for those events on top of what they already do for F1 could be beneficial.

and if FOM wants Silverstone to pick up the tab then i would think this would be a fairly straight forward quid pro quo with Silverstone then being able to command a reduction in their sanctioning fees going forward....afterall it is one of the more successful events on the F1 calendar.

and then there is the issue of long term success. yes they sell out now but will that always be the case in the future?

long term, does a London Formula E city race have the potential to reduce demand for F1 tickets at Silverstone? reduce the demand for corporate ticket sales?

agree to disagree but imo there is benefit for Silverstone in taking on a larger role to promote its marquee event (and by extension the sport of F1 in general) in their closest and largest commercial market.