View Single Post
Old 9 Jun 2021, 18:39 (Ref:4055443)   #186
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Is it certain that this model won't be super high like the Ranger? I always thought it was odd to offer a smaller truck that was so tall!

It really is surprising Ram haven't followed the trend (thus far) with the smaller truck. It would sell in the US for sure.
From the dimensions given to the auto writers and visibilty lines, no it will be MUCH lower. A FX4 Ranger bed is higher than my truck, I've parked next to a few and wondered how they get so little truck in so much space.

Especially given the Gladiator was developed from a plan for a new Dakota first. Supposedly, if you believe Allpar, who is generally considered to be in the know even if less than in the past, the Gladiator project was likely to spin off a Ram until someone got the idea it would cut Ram sales and their climb to outsell the GM twins so that was stopped. And Jeep got their hairs in a twist about sharing but frankly eff them and their egos. It's not a Jeep when the mirrors are mounted on the door and the windshield doesn't even pretend to fold anymore so shut your faces. Oh, and a stock Macan or Cayenne destroyed your beloved Rubicon's time on multiple Jeep trails, with a Porsche exec at the wheel for the Cayenne.

Last edited by broadrun96; 9 Jun 2021 at 18:45.