Thread: IMSA IMSA : 2019
View Single Post
Old 5 Jul 2018, 17:16 (Ref:3834854)   #302
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
If there is a prototype class split in 2019. Then maybe the class color codes can go back to what the ALMS had and WEC has now. DPI = red, LMP2 = blue, GTLM = green, GTD = orange.

At first I was skeptical of this happening and I prefer prototype to be just 1 class race. Despite the #99 Oreca winning Watkins Glen. I seem to feel after this race that the class split will happen.
Someone said Scott Atherton hinted at class restructuring after Petit ... and we all know his word is more reliable than gospel

I'd think if anything P2 would become a dedicated Pro-Am class .... with maybe Hyundai coming in to supply motors to the poorer teams who wanted to run DPi but couldn't cut deals with the established factories.