Thread: IMSA IMSA : 2019
View Single Post
Old 6 Jul 2018, 21:26 (Ref:3835073)   #317
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I don't think they are looking at the slowest lap of each car and saying this needs to improve. Otherwise we'd always see an LMP2 car at the top of the list, Braun isn't slow but his co-driver is. Plus aren't they monitoring, it claiming to, the cars with active systems to determine if sandbagging is happening. Or so they claim.
No I don't mean the slowest lap. I mean the amateur drivers are going to be slower most of the time. That can alter the end results. I'm sure they look at everything. But once you see DPi's being half a second or more slower per lap than a p2, there's no reason that should be happening if bop was right. That must mean that they feel the p2's aren't as competitive as they should be. But they actually are and they just need a better team/driver combo to consistently show this. Unfortunately that's not going to happen often if at all. Most of the p2 teams are partially supported by a gentleman driver.