View Single Post
Old 24 May 2004, 17:44 (Ref:981591)   #2
Steve Wood
Racer

Steve Wood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Baz, If the EERC would have to fund a large part of the magazine costs, I can tell you now, without even consulting JT, that the answer would be negative. Collecting a surcharge on the entry, and chanelling that into a seperate magazine account, or allocating a monthly budget from EERC central funds (such as they are), is a further administrative task that the very small management/clerical team would not find time for.

Of course, anybody could start a magazine that concentrated on the EERC series, and even get official blessing, but it would have to be self-funded. For every driver that is interested in reports, news, and banter, there are two that don't give a tinker's cuss, and just want to drive racing cars.

I think the Minis, or any one-make series, are a different kettle of fish to Britcar. Possibly all of the Mini brigade race against each-other at some time, and are all Mini enthusiasts, whereas, with 4 classes, the front and back end of the grid are strangers, with totally disparate machinery, and often little in common.

I, personally, am totally without ambition or aspiration, and have no desire to be involved in the publication of magazine. I'll write reports and features, but I'll leave all the clever stuff and hard work to people that know what they're doing, and want to do it.

Thats not to say, Baz, that it's not a good idea, just that chances of official EERC involvement are remote, as is enough driver interest to make it viable.

I'd be happy to be proved wrong.