View Single Post
Old 23 Jul 2019, 20:22 (Ref:3919080)   #2101
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
a bit out of left field, or a science fiction novel, and certainly going off topic but we might not be too many years away from not needing a live audience at all.

sit at home, put on your VR/AR headset and let your virtual holographic avatar take a seat in the stands along with the millions of other holograms.

5 years, 10 years, maybe sooner. some tech companies already tried it out at the last winter olympics and with a massive global 5G roll out on its way this is the future of sports entertainment and subscription based services.

for example out of the 900,000 Dutch fans who wont be able to buy a ticket, how many would pay for an option to virtually experience this race live and see their boy compete?

i mean you cant go so stuck at home and probably paying for the feed already right so why not buy the enhanced package?

personally i think the headsets are daft but the thought of attending any sporting event around the globe, any concert, to be able to stand witness to whatever the next watershed/fall of the Berlin Wall level historical moment...of course i will be investing in the hardware necessary to subscribe to whomever is offering me this services.

the revolution will be televised!