View Single Post
Old 20 Feb 2021, 10:59 (Ref:4036006)   #26
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Not renamed, the "German GT championship" thing is more like a secondary title that's awarded to the series champion.

It's more or less an attempt by the ADAC and DMSB to increase the series' prestige - but I really wouldn't read too much into it, as that title has very little historical significance. In general, major circuit racing series in Germany have moved away from calling themselves "championship" ("Meisterschaft") since the mid-90s and rather have preferred the terms "Cup", "Challenge" or "Masters" as there are some requirements that need to be fulfilled (chiefly with regards to the number of races that can be held outside Germany) before a series can officially be called a championship.
Ah excellent, thank you. So if, for example, I was to list this series in my calendar app, the series name would still be ADAC GT Masters?