Thread: IMSA 2021
View Single Post
Old 21 Feb 2021, 20:33 (Ref:4036230)   #361
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I agree with this. VSC with a closed pit lane is the way forward. Series like Creventic and WEC have already done the leg work discovering the problems with these systems (remember 2016, where Audi went from 20 seconds in front, to 30 seconds behind Toyota because they had to pit a lap earlier, and then a VSC came out?). VSC. Close pit lane.

This may be incompatible with the IMSA ideals though. I do think they like the cars to be bunched every so often.
"Every so often" is the key here. That is fine. But not all the time. Especially in the endurance races. VSC for debris and stalled car situations would be ideal. If you want maintain current safety car procedures in IMSA for crashes and bad weather that is fine. Debris and stalled cars on the track make up for 50-60% of the safety car periods in IMSA right now roughly I think.