Thread: Tech Issue Pirelli-The Tyre Story..
View Single Post
Old 18 Mar 2013, 15:06 (Ref:3220610)   #73
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
for me the problems with the tires still stems from qualifying and the possibility that one of the better strategies still seems to allow for a better race day if you intentionally dont try to make it into Q3.

of course its a strategy and a good one for mid field teams but its still not a race winning strategy (just one which may yield an outside shot at a podium) and it just feeds into institutionalizing the concept of not doing your best is actually the best thing to do. thats not sporting imo.

a simple solution would be to allowall teams to start the race on the compound or tire of their choice. keep their weekend allotments the same (i would even go so far as allowing Q3 drivers to get an extra set as compensation for doing well) but i dont like how Q3 drivers have to start with the same tires they qualified on.