View Single Post
Old 10 May 2005, 04:08 (Ref:1297192)   #19
dynamik gal
Racer

Netherlands
F1 Melbourne, Australia
dynamik gal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would just like to put in a little thought point here...

Approximately 30% of spectators attending events are Female. This is a rough stat, but those of you who have attended a round before would realise that there ARE other female spectators out there (apart from the ones who are hired to be there - grid girls).

To give you some figures, approx 55,000 females were at Bathurst...

And a very true, real stat (compliments of Roy Morgan Research), currently 66,000 females PARTICIPATE in motorsport within Australia.

Dont you think it's about time that some sponsors/companies/campaigns cater for us females?

Yes, I imagine that Libra would not fit into the "On Track" Sell - as such with grid girls promoting male-branded products - but surely there are campaigns that could be created to suit. I just think its about time that I walked into a race track and saw something that would be interesting to ME... It would make the whole "dealing with the T&A of the grid girls" much more bearable. I'm not trying to get topless men walking round, to be quite frank, seeing hot guy bods walk around the track as promo guys just doesnt do it like it does with grid girls for guys. I think many females would add to that - its like a guy hasnt seen female body parts before!! We females are more into the ingenuiety of a campaign. Hence my questions on should females be better catered for.

People do say that motorsport is a male dominated sport, BUT, thats not to say that the 1/3rd of spectators and supporters who are females should just be forgotten!

Anyway, just thought i'd add another 2c of my thought here and see what everyone else thinks now.