View Single Post
Old 9 Jun 2017, 08:45 (Ref:3739632)   #9
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SKY Channel showed a few races too, 1989 Pepsi 300 at Oran Park, and the 1989 Sandown 500.

In Sydney we always had pretty good coverage in the Channel 7 days, even in the latter days before Channel 10 took over.

Only night time broadcast i recall was Mallala in 1995, it must have clashed with a Swans match?

Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
1983 & 1984 - ABC got the TV rights for all events, negotiated by CAMS. Except for Round 1 1983 at Calder, as Calder had an exclusive TV contract with Channel 7.
That is quite funny (in a not really funny way). Finally CAMS negotiated a proper TV deal for the Championship, and the first event is carried by the other network.... Is that why Calder wasn't on the 1984 ATCC calendar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez
All of the Great Races going back to Phillip Island received TV coverage.

The Phillip Island races were shown on Channel 9.
GTV9 in Melbourne covering the Armstrong 500's meant that in Sydney, presuming they Phillip Island 500's were shown in Sydney, the races would have been shown on ATN7, as they had a content sharing deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa
Yep, was 9 for '94 and '95
They were quite good shows to watch, particularly the 1994 programs which i remember as a kid setting the alarm to wake up at 6:30am to watch them, then the Commonwealth Bank Cup schoolboy rugby league game afterwards.

As a kid at the time i loved those timeslots.... as an adult, not so much... Those edited highlights did fit alot of racing into the half hour telecasts though.

1995 from memory they played the races on Sunday nights, generally following the F1 or 500cc telecasts.