View Single Post
Old 21 Jun 2021, 17:31 (Ref:4057658)   #86
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, it's a beast. It is the larger model EX6, there is an EX4 that is smaller and couple hundred cheaper.
It held temp fairly well, about a decent home oven variance. Incidentally, that variance, and the ability to measure it with GOOD equipment, got me booted and banned from a Weber SmokeFire FB group in possibly record time, 4 days I think it was. Don't challenge an old guy and provide the graphs and data of the accuracy and precision of your equipment being better than his Walmart junk.

It ran with a no temp SmokeBoost mode for 3 hours, around 175-225 but it makes more smoke that just the set temp. Boosted temp to 250 according to my notes and ran another 2 hours with them wrapped. Boosted again to 275 to sauce.

And yes, I have the graphs. Channel 1 and 2 were in the ribs, the drop off is when pulled from the meat to wrap before reinsertion. Channel 4 is the grill temps itself. It appears my probe, at the front but same position side to side as the grill temp probe, reads about 20 degrees higher than the grill does.

As you can tell from the pretty pictures the grill isn't evenly warm, much hotter on the right, about 50 degrees but now I know and can rotate appropriately. What, does everyone have a temp chart of their home oven and grills to know where the hot spot is. Home oven it's rear left of the upper rack, always rotate and swap shelves halfway through, and oven fluctuates about 10-15 degrees plus or minus the set temp. Next step when I get back from Jersey is the toast test, cover the entire grill with sliced junk white bread and you can find the hot spots as they unevenly toast. Why is everyone rolling their eyes, I can hear it from here, doesn't everyone do that? Not gonna put 60 bucks worth of brisket on there and not know the flat goes to the left and point to the right fat side down to protect it.

Last edited by broadrun96; 21 Jun 2021 at 17:41.