View Single Post
Old 9 Dec 2006, 14:48 (Ref:1785870)   #47
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper
I think the comment regarding the irrelevance of salary levels referred to what the salary compromised of.
Correctomundo!

However I feel that what money gets to their pockets isn't directly relevant to us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebberForWDC
No it's not.

Ford Racing's desires to slash budget by employing young not-big name and therefore cheap drivers in the Webber/Pizzionia and Martin/Duval pairings directly impacted on the level of interest in the sport for Irvine supporters and McRae supporters.
Off topic: I think the lost fans of Irvine have been made up for by the Webber fans!

If you want to go specific here it is interestingly complicated though. For instance sometimes teams get more cash if they have a name. Jordan and Damon was one of those, and ultimately it made it so hard for him to walk away at the end.

Last edited by Adam43; 9 Dec 2006 at 14:50.