View Single Post
Old 18 Apr 2007, 07:50 (Ref:1894474)   #20
Podd37
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Podd37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting thread. Personally speaking, the arrival of the Artics, fighting about rules and regs (how can the scruts not notice an MGB with 9'wheels and bubble arches? ) and a general lack of the afformentioned 'bonhommie' are among the reasons that the majority of my racing will be done in the UK this year. I had a look at several differant series before deciding to spend my money with CSCC. Not to put down how other clubs run but I was welcomed in and wasn't being asked for half my budget to just register. That and the longer races really appeal to me.
The 'open minded' approach to tech regs doesn't bother me as I have tried to play over here under so called structured regs and it seems to just cause fights and acrimony. As long as it doesn't lead to F1 cars with A35 bodies it's not a problem. In a perfect world everyone would have FIA papers for their car, but you try getting them in Ireland.....!
As for the Artics and the roped off areas, they should be banned from a paddock! Any-one that has been to the Phoenix Park races (shame on you if you havn't, the only true street circuit with trees that you can hit!) in recent years can't have failed to notice the numbers of fenced /roped off area's, the security guards and the assorted other means of creating a mini castle. Drivers can't chat, family and friends feel excluded and the all important spectator looks on at the elitist snobs that you cant get at.
OK, rant over........Oh and can I have a one hour at Zandvoort please!