Thread: Driver Towards the title 2011
View Single Post
Old 3 Jun 2011, 12:26 (Ref:2890485)   #4
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
1998 and 2000 stick out for me - very low POS for 1st and 2nd.
Along with the relatively high POS for the last few years.
Probably I should have put who were WC and runner-up in those years, for a better reference for our memories. I include them in a posterior post. Curiously, 1998 and 200 were two "Schumi and Hakkinen" seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
So, from the remaining 325 points available, Vettel needs to score just 170. Or just over half the points available to him, in order to "probably get the title" ?

Hamilton will need to score another 143 (spooky) points from from the remaining 13 races, just to be a contender. Or, to put it another way, he needs to score another 143 points just to mathematically still stand a chance of winning the title ?

170 points needed for Vettel to probably win the title and 143 points needed for his closest contender to mathematically remain in with a shout. No wonder Paddy Power are already paying out!
Yeah, Hamilton needs those 143 points (in the remainder 13 races) to reach the status of "contender". It translates to an average position of 4th-5th, thus, accounting for DNFs and random events, he needs podiums here and there most of time... And he is the best placed of the current contenders!

If SV continues in this kind of form a few more races, he will become statistically unstoppable (i.e. the title will be his, barring major disasters).