View Single Post
Old 4 Aug 2013, 06:13 (Ref:3285578)   #16
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well it was good to catch up with old friends. Eclectic mix of cars in the field and plenty of dramas that you associate with endurance racing. I'm sure we will hear the stories! Mainly sunny interspersed by several heavy rain showers, two of which I got caught in in shirtsleeves, led to safety car periods. My only thought was that it started too late, but that is a selfish comment based on the fact that I had to leave before the end. Wonder what time some of the marshals got home? Great fun anyway and well done to everyone involved and for Claire et al sticking with this event. It has had to evolve because there are simply nowhere near enough historic racers prepared to enter this race which is a shame, but I believe in its current evolution it has plenty of legs. Will put up some pics later.