View Single Post
Old 17 Dec 2019, 07:50 (Ref:3947105)   #203
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
When I first went to Thruxton in the mid seventies their season began on the third weekend in March carrying on until the televised meeting in mid November . The season consisted of twelve days of competition with only the Easter Formula Two meeting taking place over two days . In 2020 they are still allowed twelve days but these days they hold six two day meetings with the season beginning with the Touring Cars over the weekend of 15th/16th May and concluding with a BRSCC meeting on 22nd/23rd August . Why their season is so short I can't work out .

I can! The F3 championship season-opener used to be at Thruxton in March, which wasn't always the most clement.

In, I think, 1984 I travelled down with a photographer friend on a typical foggy, damp, dank, dismal morning. "This will soon burn off", he remarked.

We then had about the most dismal cold, wet days' motor racing I've had in my life!