View Single Post
Old 12 Nov 2020, 03:10 (Ref:4016092)   #423
Feliks
Racer

Poland
Krakow
Feliks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Today I will propose the fastest and most powerful STEAM locomotive in the world. It consists of two parts: the first is the most modern electric locomotive currently produced. Surely it has all the necessary things that are needed nowadays .. the second part connected to it is a steam boiler driving a half-rotary star engine with many "cylinders" (e.g. 60 , or in other side 120 )), which can produce about 10 MW of power .. And it drives an ordinary large generators, also with a power of the order of 10 MW, which gives electricity to the first segment - an electric locomotive .. In this way, we avoid many limitations of a classic locomotive, and the efficiency of such a system is greater, because the cylinders do not have half rotate crossheads, on which a lot of energy is lost ...
And this is how the age of the couple is not over yet, and I will be used, for example, in such Africa for many years. Greetings to everyone and let your heart pair up, this is the way I will go ...

Now we can get excited, probably we will be able to speed on the railroad track .. here is the electro-locomotive, which set the world speed record of 357 km / h (ES64U4). Considering its weight, it is a good result .. now, I suggested that she should do it, without electricity in the network, but only an attached "steam locomotive" which generates electricity for her ... in the amount of about 10 MW.

And I think that such a set can be more economical in terms of thermal energy consumption than traditional transmission from power plants through the electric network to the railroad tracks .. Here, with such transmission, we have about 30% losses ..
Now, if we add to this the depreciation and maintenance of the expensive transmission network, which may be in the amount of another 20%, it will give us a number of 50% savings for such a solution ..
And all this thanks to the half rotate engine (as a further development of the new 4 stroke), as a steam engine, which is also more efficient, because its "pistons" do not rub against the cylinder walls, and it does not have to have a crosshead.

Andrew