View Single Post
Old 29 Sep 2021, 09:05 (Ref:4076245)   #63
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I don't recall where it is defined that bolting is required?

FIA Art.253.8 states that only bonding is permitted 'For non steel bodyshells/chassis, any weld between the cage and the bodyshell/chassis is prohibited, only the bonding of the reinforcement plate on the bodyshell/chassis is permitted.'

Which regulation mandates a bolted ROPS?

I don't know where or if bolting is mandated, but as far as I am aware, bolting is permitted as a form of belt and braces, no pun intended, as well as welding or bonding. Also permitted is the fitting of reinforcing plates beneath the body and/or the other side of the cockpit.