View Single Post
Old 15 Sep 2020, 14:22 (Ref:4002606)   #5
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Short answer is "no" in my opinion. I just don't see it as a big factor. My only comment is that some of Bottas' last minute weaving put him particularly close to Hamilton. Or maybe Hamilton was particularly close to Bottas while he was weaving!

Hopefully this thread doesn't just rehash the lap 6 F1 situation as that was already extensively discussed in the race thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
The circuit layout was always likely to lead to a bunched restart, given the slipstreaming potential, but was it necessary for the continued weaving by the leader at that point, it surely wouldn't be a heat issue, rather gamesmanship in picking the moment that the he opted to "go".
(weaving as a way to pick the right moment to go)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Like any accident or incident, it should be reviewed and lessons learnt.
Agree

Richard