View Single Post
Old 14 Jan 2021, 18:57 (Ref:4029090)   #1857
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
I think we need to put this into the circles that team owners live and mix in. CW is not meaning that SFW didn't 'earn' any money out of Williams IMO, I think she means that Williams didn't live the multi millionaire lifestyle with superyachts and Ferraris - SFW did have a private jet at one time and sold it to invest more in the team. In effect for the Williams family, the 'pot' was the team and it would have run dry without investors or buyers.

Sure, they will all have nice houses and trappings over and above us ordinary mortals, but I doubt any of them have lived extravagantly.

I think that is was Claire means by those comments.
exactly.

Mallya would be an example of the other way to approach it...squandered a family fortune on himself and those ridiculously stupid haircuts of his!